TheSchool Security Disbursementprogram enacted by SB18-269 provides funding to improve security in public school facilities and vehicles and to support training for school personnel.
Applicants must be a local education provider, including any combination of local education providers who wish to apply together as a single regional applicant, in order to apply.
The program funds may only be used for the following purposes:
- Capital construction that improves the security of a public school facility or public school vehicle, including any structure or installed hardware, device, or equipment that protects a public school facility or public school vehicle and the students, educators, and other individuals who attend, work in, or visit a public school facility or are transported in a public school vehicle from threats of physical harm including but not limited to any structure or installed hardware, device, or equipment that:
- Prevents the entry of unauthorized individuals into a public school facility or a protected space within a public school facility or onto a public school vehicle,
- Prevents undesired objects and substances from entering a public school facility or public school vehicle,
- Sounds warnings when a threat is present,
- Can be used to expedite communication when a threat is present, or
- Enables authorized individuals to visually monitor the public school facility or its ground or the public school vehicle.
- Training in student threat assessment, which training is provided to all school building staff who have contact with students,
- Training for on-site school resource officers employed by the local education provider,
- School emergency response training for all school building staff
- Deadline January 5, 2019
- School Security Disbursement Application and Guide Announcement
- SSD Grant Application