Office of Grants Management Overview
The mission of the Grants Management Office is to standardize, streamline and improve federal and state grant management practices. This office promotes and provides assistance for projects and programs to build, sustain, and deliver the capabilities necessary to prevent, protect against, mitigate, respond to, and recover from all hazards events. The support provided includes all phases of the grant life cycle from application, awarding of the grant agreements, to close-out of the grant agreements and the grant program. Services include:
- Disseminate Funding Opportunity Announcements
- Assist with Grant Application and Budget Development
- Review of Funding Applications
- Award Grant Agreements to Subrecipients
- Provide Guidance and Technical Assistance to Subrecipients
- Monitor Subrecipients
- Assess Project/Program Success
Subrecipient Monitoring Section
This section conducts a risk assessment of all subrecipients who receive a grant from DHSEM, conducts on-site monitoring, and provides subrecipients with technical assistance and grant management best practices.
Preparedness Grants and Contract Section
This section provides management and technical assistance for state and federal grants that are focused on pre-disaster preparedness:
- State Homeland Security Grant Program (SHSGP)
- Urban Area Security Initiative Grant (UASI)
- Non-profit Security Grant Program (NSGP)
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness Grant (HMEP)
- State and Local Implementation Grant Program (SLIGP)
- Reserve Peace Officer Training Academy Grant Program
- Emergency Management Program Grant (EMPG)
- Incident Management Team (IMT) Grant Program
- Disaster Emergency Fund (DEF) Grant Program
Recovery Grant Section
This section provides management and technical assistance for state and federal grants that are focused on disaster recovery:
- Public Assistance/Recovery Grant Unit: This section provides grant management and technical assistance to eligible subrecipients that have been impacted by a federally-declared disaster and are requesting federal public assistance through FEMA. This includes all phases of recovery from preliminary damage assessments through closeout.
- CDBG-DR Grant Unit: This section provides grant management and technical assistance to subrecipients for the Community Development Block Grant - Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) grant program that assists to rebuild affected areas within the presidentially declared disasters. CDBG-DR grants are competitive grants awarded on the basis the project's ability to help a community recover and militate against future events. Technical assistance is provided from application development through grant closeout.
School emergency Response Section
This section manages the School Emergency Response grant program.
Chemical Stockpile Emergency Preparedness Program (CSEPP)
This section manages the CSEPP funding, grant program and state activities for the program.
View or download the Office of Grants Management Organizational Chart.