The Training and Exercise Subcommittee works under the Homeland Security and All-Hazards Senior Advisory Committee (HSAC).
The Training and Exercise Subcommittee represents state, federal and local jurisdictions and other entities having all-hazards emergency preparedness and homeland security, training and exercise responsibilities within the State of Colorado.
To assist in the identification, development and implementation of best practices related to the development and implementation of training and exercise planning and execution; coordination of federal, state, local, and tribal training and exercises for emergency preparedness and homeland
security programs to enhance the knowledge, skills and abilities of personnel; to sustain and/or build mission area capabilities as well as in the public health and health care capabilities, in order to reduce the loss of lives, increase resiliency, improve response operations and improve recovery efforts, due to
any all-hazards incident in the State of Colorado.
Through collaborative and innovative efforts, the Training and Exercise Subcommittee is charged with providing findings and recommendations to the HSAC in order to implement the best training and exercise practices across the State of Colorado. Efforts include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Carrying out and managing tasks related to training and exercise goals of the 2019-2023 Colorado Homeland Security Strategy (CHSS)
- Reporting progress of CHSS tasks and objectives to the HSAC on a quarterly basis
- Researching best training and exercise practices from local, state, and federal jurisdictions, private sector entities, and other institutions
- Researching and making recommendations based on the latest trends or emerging threats in training and exercise
- Recommending procedures or policies that improve training and exercise across the State of Colorado
- Developing recommendations for training and exercise programs that improve jurisdictional capabilities in the five mission areas of prevention, protection, mitigation, response and recovery in addition to building, sustaining, and intertwining the efforts of public health and health care capabilities
Click the accordion links below to expand for information on meetings.
- Training and Exercise Subcommittee Meeting Information
- Meeting Logistics
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- December 2020
- September 2020 – Agenda
- August 2020 – Meeting Minutes
- March 2020 – Meeting Minutes
- February 2020 – Meeting Minutes
- January 2020 – Meeting Minutes
- December 2019 – Meeting Minutes
- November 2019 – Meeting Minutes
- October 2019 – Meeting Minutes
- September 2019 – Meeting Minutes
- Subcommittee Chair: Chris Bornholdt, Emergency Manager, Garfield County Sheriff’s Office
- Subcommittee Vice-Chair: Ed Garner, Homeland Security Program Coordinator, South Central All-Hazards Homeland Security Region
- Subcommittee Secretary: Michael Bean, Emergency Management Coordinator, Adams County
To contact the Training and Exercise Subcommittee, please send an email to email@example.com